No they are not.
Yes, these can be used under water. Most common applications like this are for sump pumps and pumps in small ponds in people’s yards.
This item is mainly used for securing wire bundles to a specific location. You could also use it to hang something depending on its weight compared to the type of cable tie and the cable ties weight limit.
A little information about the mounts adhesive:
Features & Characteristics:
- Adhesive: Rubber based adhesive coated on both sides
- Carrier: White PE Foam
- Liner: Kraft Paper Liner
- Bonding Security
- Flexible and has a high elongation
- Thickness: 0.8 ± 0.05mm
- Tack: ≥ #12 Steel Ball
- Peal Adhesion (N/25mm): ≥ 12
- Shear Strength: Over 72 hours with 2.0kgs loading stainless steel plate sandwich on 25mm * 25mm at 23˚C (73.4˚F)
- Normal tensile strength (N/25mm): ≥ 20
- Service temperature: -5˚C – 60˚C (23˚F – 140˚F)
- General purpose of industrial applications of mounting, fastening, and joining.
- Used for bonding, sealing, mounting hook on surfaces of wood, glass, metal, and other materials.
- Can be in sheet or die cut shapes.
All information and recommendations are given by us in good faith, based on practical experience, but without warranty. It is essential that the user evaluates the product for a period of time to determine whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.
I’ve always used a pair of side cutters or line-man’s snips. But we do have a tool specifically designed to cut cable ties. It’s our Economy Cable Tie Tensioning Tool (CTT-45). It tightens and cuts off the excess tie and works on all of our cable ties that are rated up to 75 lbs tensile strength.
These are made from 304 Stainless Steel and are designed for harsh, corrosive, and salt-water environments. You could use these for low voltage applications, but caution is recommended for high voltage applications.
The line-men for any telephone company may use these to hold cable to a service pole. There are a unlimited amount of applications for the longer cable ties.
We would recommend our Stainless Steel Ties.